This Research Experience for Undergraduates program is designed to provide students and teachers with an introduction to the world of scientific research in the fields of Particle, Nuclear, and Astro Physics. Participants to the program may elect to conduct their project research at one of two laboratories (FNAL, SLAC), or at Wayne State University, and work in collaborations with physicists from the ALICE, CDF, CMS, ILC, STAR, LSST, or SDSS collaborations. The laboratories provide a unique constellation of research opportunities, including:
- Experimental Astrophysics
- Experimental Particle Physics
- Experimental Nuclear Physics
- Theoretical Particle Physics
- Theoretical Nuclear Physics
- Instrumentation for scientific research
- High performance distributed computing
- Human genome decoding.
- Nuclear chemistry
Some of the research activities covered by our program are described here.